Campaign and Communication Commitments
Hi, as well as being a Great Ashby Community Councillor, I have lived in Great Ashby for over 10 years.
The reasons why I am passionate about standing for NCDC Chesfield Ward this May, is that if I am successful, I will work with and support Sal, to promote/fight for pleasant, fairer and practical communities within Little Wymondley, Great Wymondley, Graveley, Jacks Hill, Great Ashby, Titmore Green, Lower Titmore Green, Redcoats Green, Todds Green and of course Chesfield hamlet. I will pursue in all cases a balanced and pragmatic way respecting the important issues of the day.
I will actively campaign, in the Chesfield Ward, to:
- Retain the Green Belt
- Local Plan: A Fair, Reasonable and Sustainable Number of New Homes
- An Increase Primary and Secondary School Places
- Safety of School Children at Busy Road Crossings
- Fight to Retain or Reinstate a Reliable and Frequent Bus Service
- Secure a Local Health Centre Facilities
- Tackle the Growing Litter Issue
- Within Great Ashby a Long Overdue Public House
- Lorry Turning Issue in Little Wymondley
- Traffic Issues through Great Wymondley
- Support and Promote Youth Clubs and Youth Activities
- Protect and Maintenance of our public bridleway and footpath network
- Include Tilekiln and Parsonsgreen Woods within the Managed Walkways in Great Ashby
- Work and Coordinate with Stevenage Borough Council
- Promote Planning Controls on HMO’s with 6 or Less Occupants
I will commit to giving each individual an open opportunity to contact me via my website, email, phone or social media pages.
In addition, I pledge to hold a surgery once per month.
Canvassing With Sal
I will be canvassing door to door, with Sal and supporters in Little Wymondley, Great Wymondley, Graveley, Great Ashby and Jacks Hill, to as many homes as possible to introduce myself and ask about your concerns and views.